<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

MAGDALENA ZURAWSKI'S brilliant book THE BRUISE finally gets it's tracks! 

photo of Magdalena taken by her life-partner kathryn l. pringle
they share the blog minor.american

ONE OF THE BEST PIECES OF NEWS lately was from my friend Magdalena that her manuscript THE BRUISE was JUST selected as the winner of the RONALD SUKENICK INNOVATIVE FICTION PRIZE, and will be published, finally! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!

Here's the website for the prize: http://www.fc2.org/Sukenick%20prize.htm

For years now I've been privileged to read this stunning novel as it came to life! Draft after draft! And it's a poem to me, really. But it's a novel, and I'll say it's a novel because Magdalena wants to say it's a novel.

If you have never read a single page from this book I envy you, as I would LOVE to remember none of it and be consumed for the first time all over again!

And if you ever get the chance to hear her read from it PLEASE don't be foolish enough to pass on that opportunity! She gets fucking PUNK ROCK! This is one novel that can really use a back-up band, YES I'M SERIOUS!

Here's a sample page recently published in EOAGH: Queering Language
http://chax.org/eoagh/issue3/issuethree/zurawski.html

KUDOS MAGGIE Z! Let's CELEBRATE ALL NIGHT! DRUMS AND GUITARS!
CAConrad

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?