<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 21, 2007

Alejandro Jodorowsky's THE HOLY MOUNTAIN 

It's not at all an exaggeration when I say that I have been waiting 15 years to see THE HOLY MOUNTAIN on the big screen! The only version I've ever seen is the bootleg copy at TLA, which is a video tape made from a Japanese laser disc, dubbed into English with Japanese subtitles. But I LOVE it. I have LOVED it like I have never, ever LOVED a film! No film has ever encapsulated the zodiac, for instance, like Jodorwsky's. It's a work of genius from start to finish, and I intend to sit in the FRONT FUCKING ROW at the International house to absorb it as best I can. And I want to see the bootleg video from TLA just before going, so that I can examine the poor copy I know, which is not a letter box cut, so I can see what I have never seen of the film, and see it, in many ways, for the first time when seeing it on the big screen. And the screen at the International House is TRULY a big screen, which also makes me happy!

Also playing is EL TOPO. I'm also looking forward to seeing this other Jodorwsky flick, but if THE HOLY MOUNTAIN wasn't also showing I doubt I'd make the trip to the theater. Anyone wanting to see THE HOLY MOUNTAIN should get their asses to Philadelphia's International House on Saturday, May 26th, 7pm. It's going to be a long double feature, but BE PREPARED TO BE CHANGED! Am I being dramatic? Go see it and tell me after that you are not!

CAConrad

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?