<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 23, 2007

THANK YOU 

I want to extend my deep thanks to everyone who showed their love & support on Sunday, as well as the past few months. I have learned a lot recently that I wouldn’t have chosen to if I had the option. But it was worth one great lesson- that the idea of a poetry community is not just a concept or theory, but a vital, living thing. Through the years, this community gave me many friendships, amazing poems & sometimes a hard time. This year, I was shown such overwhelming solidarity. Even during the most dangerous times, I knew this community was standing with me in spirit or in person by my hospital bed. You gave me love, & probably life. I’ll never forget that. I hope I can show you that love back someday somehow.

I’m trying to get back to living again, so I limped to a double-header reading tonight- Julia Bloch & Dodie Bellamy at Kelly Writers House, then Bhanu Kapil at TUCC. And all three writers were AMAZING!!! It’s so good to be back in circulation & getting poetry back in my ear. I can’t say it enough, but once more for now…

Thanks,

Frank

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?