<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 20, 2006

re: voting my values 

Cathleen, I HEAR YOU! This is a tough, touchy election for Pennsylvanians.

Did you read what Frank posted? With the link to the Stephanopoulos interview with Bush? (THANKS for that Frank) Besides the REMARKABLE admission from Bush that yes, it's looking like Vietnam, at one point Stephanopoulos asks Bush if he thinks this November's election is a referendum on Iraq. The president's answer is not that interesting, more parrot-speak about WHO will secure this nation? WHO will continue to help the economy to grow? Blah blah. But he DID also say, "I'm not on the ballot. This set of elections is much different from a presidential election year."

Besides the skull-numbing DUH, like, Mr. President, we KNOW you're not on the ballot, he is not just sounding stupid this time, I believe he's trying his best to distance himself from the very tenuous republican ticket this mid-term.

It's too late though, I think, for that distance to be made. The black and white hats have been handed out. And every single campaign ad I've seen for a democrat shows the republican STANDING beside Bush. It's the perfect, damaging pose at this point.

But in Pennsylvania WHAT TO DO? I'm not buying the white hat of Casey. Mary Kalyna and I were just talking about this quandary last night, much like we've all been talking about this for months now. As bad as Santorum is, frankly, I just can't stomach Casey.

YOU'RE SO RIGHT CATHLEEN, neither candidate really hits my values either. SHIT! I've made up my mind to vote for Carl Romanelli, who is of course WAY outside the known world of media blitz, but he's the ONLY person in Pennsylvania running for US Senate that won't make me vomit at the voting booth. And I agree with his statement, "The only wasted vote is one that is not cast with your values and beliefs behind it. Let's stop wasting our votes on candidates that serve interests other than ours."

After voting for John Kerry I promised myself I WOULD NEVER AGAIN vote out of fear. My vote for Ralph Nader was far more honest four years prior.

Look, I KNOW THAT I TOOK PART in the fund raiser for Philadelphian's Against Santorum, and while Casey's name was never once mentioned at that event, it was very clear to me that we were all BASICALLY raising money for this spin-off Casey campaign. And that irritated me. And I was going to raise the question at the microphone, but as Mary Kalyna can vouch for this, the audience was so ridiculously hip and snarly that I just wanted to read my little fucking poem and get the fuck out of the fucking building!

The thought of being actively part of something anti-Santorum made me pro-Casey, but that's because SEEMINGLY INTELLIGENT people in this country (shocking how many of these people I actually know) STILL insist we need to work within the bounds of this 2-party mess. And maybe THERE WILL BE a democrat running for president in 2 years who will not make me vomit at the voting booth. I FELT DISGUSTED WITH MYSELF VOTING FOR KERRY!

But NOW, VERY SOON, in Pennsylvania, BECAUSE we're so driven to live with 2 parties, we're left with these ROTTEN men. Truly ROTTEN men. I canNOT vote for Casey because he wants to do the most despicable thing imaginable, and that's to send MORE TROOPS into Iraq! You couldn't FORCE ME to vote for him after I heard him say that that's what's on his agenda. Send more troops? That's madness. Absolute madness. At a time when the president is finally FINALLY admitting that this is a horrible situation, Casey wants to send more troops. Excuse me, to be exact, he wants to send in more "special forces," whatever that means. As though three years into this fucking war we FORGOT to send in some "special forces" only Casey knows about. He's nuts.

No more troops, special forces, or whatever. If that's MY priority, my choices are Santorum, which of course won't happen, or Romanelli. The fact is, Romanelli stands for SO MANY things that correspond with my values that to NOT vote for him would feel like cheating myself, and my values.

If you're interested in the other GREEN PARTY candidates of PA click here.

CAConrad
P-FUCKING-S! This is SO GREAT! I LOVE the campaign photograph for Green Party candidate Dodie Rippon-Lovett, she's LIKE Joan Crawford's twin sister! SEE FOR YOURSELVES LADIES AND GENTLEMAN BY CLICKING HERE! I LOVE HER! SHE'S OLD HOLLYWOOD AND WANTS CLEAN AIR, CLEAN WATER, AND NO MORE WAR, SHE ROCKS! SHE'S FROM THE 108TH DISTRICT! WHERE IS THAT!? I WANT TO BE THERE! I WANT TO MOVE THERE! WHERE IS SHE!? SHE'S AMAZING! 108 IS MAGIC AND SHE'S MAGIC AND THE WHOLE WORLD ... THE WHOLE WORLD, I LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT, BUT SHE'S GREAT! GOOD POLITICS AND GLAMOUR CAN GO TOGETHER, THEY CAN GO TOGETHER, THEY CAN GO TOGETHER! THEY CAN! YES THEY CAN! I'M GOING TO SEND HER CAMPAIGN SITE PAGE TO LADY BUNNY RIGHT AWAY! I THINK LADY BUNNY WILL WANT TO HELP HER CAMPAIGN AS MUCH AS I DO!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?