<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Greg's PIECES OF THE SKY 

After the marathon on New Years Day at the Poetry Project I was talking with Frank Sherlock who asked, "Did you HEAR Greg's poem!?"

Greg's poem for the loss from Hurricane Katrina started with him saying that we must not allow the media to forget, so that we may not forget.
Here's that amazing poem...(posted by CAConrad)

gggggggggggggggg
PIECES OF THE SKY
by Greg Fuchs

The wind, the water

Washed my home,

My people away,

My people wash far

Away my home.

Pieces of the sky.

The wind, the water

Took my home

Into the lake.

Home so fleeting

The pieces of the sky.

The wind and the water

Biblical lesson.

The lake came to visit

The river. The lake

Came to my house.

The wind and the water

So fleeting,

Pieces of the sky.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?